Drake Bell was feeling nostalgic and decided to make a trip to the old Drake & Josh house, but he discovered that it was no longer there!
“The Drake & Josh House is GONE!!” he captioned the Twitter video below.
In the video, Drake shows off the empty lot and says, “What’s up, everybody? I came to check out the Drake & Josh house, and it is gone! All that remains is this mailbox.”
“We know one person did it 😂 Megan 😂😂,” one fan commented, referring to Miranda Cosgrove‘s character, while another wrote, “Noooo my childhood😭😭😫.”
I might be crying a little bit, too.
The Drake & Josh House is GONE!! https://t.co/VChP5NP76j pic.twitter.com/v3Lu1qIsrl
— Drake Bell (@DrakeBell) July 7, 2018
The house was, of course, only used for exterior shots on Drake & Josh. The teen sitcom aired on Nickelodeon for four seasons from 2004 to 2007, including a pair of TV movies that premiered on the network in 2006 and 2008. Although it has been over a decade since the show ended, it remains a millennial classic, and it has been the subject of tons of reboot or reunion rumors over the last few years.
Although the house of was only used as exterior shots, the news follows the revelation that another iconic part of Nickelodeon's history was being torn down - Nickelodeon on Sunset, Nickelodeon's West Coast studios where much of the interior shots of Drake & Josh were filmed.
As the eponymous stars of the show, Drake Bell and Josh Peck have fanned the flames of possible bringing the series back a few times in the past, but all hope seemed lost after Bell vented about not being invited to Peck's wedding last year. However, Bell has since said that he and Peck have worked past that drama and have never stopped being brothers, adding in that he is always down for a Drake & Josh reboot whenever Peck is.
Update (7/16) - Via TooFab:
Why Drake Bell Hasn't Spoken to Josh Peck 'In a Little While' After All That Wedding Drama
The former "Drake & Josh" star also tells TooFab how he really feels about his sitcom house being demolished.
Drake Bell was not a happy camper when he went back to the house at the center of the beloved Nickelodeon comedy series, "Drake & Josh," only to find rubble.
"All that remains is this mailbox," he revealed in a video he shared on Twitter last week of his disappointing trip down memory lane.
The house in Encino, California, was demolished more than a decade after the final episode of the 2004 teen sitcom aired -- and Drake feels that was the wrong move.
"I think the Smithsonian should have been involved," the actor-turned-musician joked when he stopped by Studio TooFab. "There should have been petitions. I think there was a petition -- there had to have been! There's enough love for it that [a petition] didn't have to be created by someone involved with the show, and that's why it should have been a historical landmark."







